Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Faves and Fails of April 2013

I'm not sure if I will do this every month but I saw from a few fellow bloggers this kind of post and I liked it. Here is the list of a few makeup products that I used a LOT this month.

Avon Calming Effects Foundation in "Ivory"
I have very sensitive skin that gets red spots and dry patches and even though this is a very light coverage foundation it's really good for every day. It doesn't accentuate my dry patches (like many foundations do) and it doesn't break out my acne prone chin area. Definitely recommend it!


Mac's "Pink Venus"
A lot of mac eyeshadows are not really pigmented as this one. It's a very sheer baby pink with a lot of shimmer in it. Even thought the pigmentation is poor it's perfect for every day makeup when you want to add a bit of brightness to your eyes without being too noticeable.


Mac's "Zoom Fast Black Lash"
My favorite mascara next to Maybelline's the colossal. It actually gives a nice volume to my lashes which I appreciate because I have very long but thin lashes. So LOVE it!


Avon's "Golden Peach"
This lip gloss is from the 24k gold series and I am pretty impressed both with the lip glosses and the lipsticks from this line. They have just the right amount of glitter/shimmer in them for a glamorous look. This specific lip gloss is a coral pink with pretty gold glitter. Perfect for day and night time.


Mac's "Cream Cup" lipstick:
I totally forgot I owned this hahaha. It's so pretty!!!! A lovely bluish shade of light pink that can be used to give you a sweet look. Love it!


Lacta Chocolate filled with mousse:
Not a beauty product but definitely something that I really liked this month. My brother insisted on trying this and it's so yummy! Unfortunately it's only available in Greece.



Fails of the month:
Here are some products that I used and didn't like at all.

Avon's Ideal Flawless Cream-to-powder foundation.
Don't have to say anything else about this since I already have a review on it, you can read it here.


Avon SuperSHOCK gel eyeliner in "Shimmering Sapphire"
I wanted to make a separate post on this but I'm just gonna review it here fast. It's pretty much useless as it's not pigmented enough to be used as an actual eyeliner, you have to built it A LOT so you can actually see it as an eyeliner. It's also useless as base, the eyeshadows won't stick on top of it so you can't really use it as a base for a blue eyeshadow look. It also cannot be used alone as an eyeshadow as it's not pigmented enough to show. 


Johnson's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
I didn't get a lot of stuff with me to my trip so I just use whatever I found in the house. I am not impressed with this remover at all. It makes my eyes feel weird and it doesn't clean very well.


That's all for now! Let me know which products you loved and hated this month! 
Always take care! 

XO, Heliana

2 comments:

Beautyandthefoodbeast said...

aaxxx ti teleio to creme cup!!!!
exw to angel pou moiazei arketa kai to latreuw!!
polu wraio post! :D

Iliana Kontolaimaki said...

έχω άδειες συσκευασίες και θα πάω μια από αυτές τις μέρες να τις δώσω για να πάρω κραγιονάκι (back to Mac) έχεις να προτείνεις κάτι καλό;