Monday, January 14, 2013

Avon Perfect Kiss Lipsticks Review and Swatches



This is the new lipstick line by Avon that we will be able to purchase from the campain no.3 (in Romania, at least). As a representative I had the chance to pre-order up to 4 lipsticks for promotion purposes.

General Information:
So I did order 4 lipsticks just to see if what are they about and if I should actually suggest them to my friends. Being a pinky gal I ordered the Fuchsia Flirt, Pink Wink, Lovey Dovey Pink and Pink Prance.
The first and positive thing I have to say generally about these lipstick is that they smell amazing! They have some sort of cocoa/ coconut smell.
Also they feel very moisturizing and they don't dry the lips at all.
On the negative side, they are no where close to the colors shown in the brochure (as you shall see). They are more on the sheer side and they have lots and lots of shimmer/glitter (on the brochure they appear thicker/richer colors) not to mention the tones are different. For example the pink prance is almost like a white-ish , silver pink but you shall see the swatches (I manage to make some proper ones).

Photos - Swatches:

 Pink Prance



Fuchsia Flirt


Lovey Dovey Pink


Pink Wink

The Pink Prance and the Lovey Dovey Pink look alike and so does the Fuchsia Flirt with the Wink Pink but in the swatches you will see that they are different. When I opened them and I saw the lipstick bullets I was very happy to see the 2 hot pinks, I thought that they would be super intense but they are not exactly what I expected.


L->R Pink Prance, Fuchsia Flirt, Lovey Dovey Pink, Wink Pink.

If you click on  the picture to appear bigger you will notice that Fuchsia Pink is sheer-er and way more glittery than Wink Pink, the second tends more to a pink red. Pink Prance and Lovey Dovey Pink look alike in the swatches as well (darn cameras :P) but in real like Pink Prance is a lot more shimmery than Lovey Dovey Pink. Even though they colors were not what I expected I still like these lipsticks a lot because they feel moisturizing and they don't dry my lips at all. The staying power of them in my opinion is acceptable for a  lipstick that doesn't promise to be on the lips 24 hours. I mean you will have to re-apply after you eat or drink. One downside is that because most of them have a lot of glitter when you eat dring etc the glitter will probably transfer on your face, which is something expected from lipsticks with glitter.

I took some closer pictures so that you can actually see how shimmery the colors are and the differences between the colors.


Pink Prance and Fuchsia Flirt - More shimmery colors


Lovey Dovey Pink and Wink Pink

Pros:
Very pretty colors
*Quite shimmery - If you like that
Delicious smell but not overwhelming
Moisturizing
They don't dry out the lips

Cons:
The colors on the brochure are not helpful, you better ask your representative to show you some samples 
*Quite shimmery - If you don't like that
The glitter might transfer on your face but not anything TOO extreme, you are not gonna look like Edward in sunlight in any case so it's a minor con.


- Are you satisfied by the products?
- As lipsticks yes, because what I want from lipsticks is to wear them and not dry my lips out. So I am quite happy with them..

- Would you recommend them to others?
- Of course, they are awesome! :D

- Will you repurchase them?
- If I run out of them sure but I will definatelly purchase some other shades, red this time.

Feel free to leave a comment and ask me anything, I will be happy to help.

Take care, lots of hugs!!!



No comments: