Sunday, January 13, 2013

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - In Light



I avoid wearing foundation just because my skin gets irritated very easily and I end up feeling like my face is burning so I decided to try a BB cream (anyway I don't want a lot of coverage). The specific one if I am correct it has SPF 15 and it claims to be a tinted moisturizer/ sun protection/ primer/ illuminator. I got the one in light. (I couldn't make a proper swatch and be able to make it appear on camera so I used a swatch from the internet.)



This is pretty much how it looks like. Now, I am not tanned or anything but I am not vampire pale either. I would say I am a tiny bit on the pale side but not extremely, even so the light was a biiiiit dark for me but not very noticable.

I can't say I am disappointed but I can't say that my mind was blown away either. I mean, it just claims to be too much than it actually is. At the beginning my skin feels nice but then at around mid-day I feel my skin a bit dry but that can be due to the fact that my skin is very sensitive and a bit eczematic at the cheek area but it didn't give me a burning feeling. It didn't cause me any breaking out either. But I think I have to use an extra moisturizer before this to keep my skin in good condition.

It gives a very light coverage so if you are looking for a full coverage you will obviously have to use a foundation on top.

Basically if your skin doesn't have a lot of needs (in moisturizing, or coverage) then this product is appropriate for you. I will probably use it only in the summer when my skin doesn't feel miserable. But it still has a low spf so again I will have to use another product under it.

Pros:
- It's quite cheap (around 5 euro)
- Easy to find (even in supermarkets)
- It didn't cause me any skin problem
- It has a pleasant smell (citrus like)
- It has spf so in the winter you skip a step

Cons:
- It's in a tube and after using half of it it's hard to squeez the product out.
- It has waaaay too few shades. So not appropriate for women with pale skin or for dark skin.
- It will never replace a foundation, if you need coverage.
- It will never replace a heavy moisturizer if your skin has such need.

- Are you satisfied by the product?
- It depends. As a moisturizer it's not the bomb. As a very light covering product it is ok.

- Would you recommend it to others?
- If it's appropriate for their skin, yes.

- Will you repurchase it?
- Maybe, but probably in the summer that I don't want to wear foundation.


That's it for now, stay tuned for my future revews. I got a tone of Avon products the other day and I am planning to review them and put my own swatches, I promise!

Always take care of yourselves! Hugs and kisses!

No comments: