Friday, October 11, 2013

Avon's Ultra Color Lipsticks (NEW FORMULA) swatches and mini review!

It's amazing how much Avon's products changed over the years. Some of their products are REALLY awesome! One of them is their lipsticks. I LOVE Avon lipsticks. They are rich, creamy, not drying on the lips, they smell good and they are affordable.

So, Avon has a lipstick line called "Ultra Color". Lately they changed the packaging and formula (i guess) and also the color palette. Since I had a nice big price reduction (as a representative), I ordered a few because... well, just like that :P  I got 6 colors and here they are:

They come in a square plastic tube with the known metallic part that writes Avon on it. As usual, the name is stated at the bottom of the tube. I got the colors Carnation, Pout, Latte, Hot Pink, Red 2000 and Sparkling Nude. I'll show you separately swatches on my lips (btw at some of the photos my mouth is red because of the constant rubbing to take the colors off while doing the swatches. I tried so many times that my lips got numb at a point- haha). So let me show you:

CARNATION
Carnation is a creamy nude pink that it's almost the exact color of my natural lip color. It's very pretty and it has a lovely texture. Perfect for an everyday lip color, it's one of those colors that would look good pretty much on every one.

POUT
Pout (or Pout Cream) is the perfect nude with a teeny tiny hint of pink and it's my absolutely favorite color from the whole collection (and I will let you know why in another post soon, hihi). Carnation and Pout are just a tiny bit similar but Pout is less pink and it has a glossy finish whereas Carnation has a cream one.

LATTE
Latte is clearly a beige nude color with no hints whatsoever of pink or peach or anything like that. Another color that looks good on every skin color and tone. It has a cream finish to it and I forgot to mention that all 2, carnation, pout and latte don't have sparkles/shimmer/glitter in them.

HOT PINK
Hot pink is a medium bright fuchsia, again, no shimmer or glitter. It has more of a matte/creamy finish. It is a more bold lip color, not everyone's cup of tea but I really like it.

RED 2000
First of all, excuse the sloppy application, anyway I just applied it to show you the color. Red 2000 is a neutral (i know it shows pinky on the photo with the flash but it's a true neutral red). It's pretty for an elegant everyday look or a more glamorous appearance. It has a matte/creamy finish. One more color that I think it looks good on everyone.

SPARKLING NUDE
The only one from the colors I picked that - as the name states- is glittery and sparkly. It's a nude color, on the beige side and it has fine silvery sparkles. Naturally, being a sparkly color, it is a bit more sheer.

Overall I like A LOT these lipsticks. Even though they are very affordable they are not cheap (if you know what I mean). They apply really well and they are not drying. The specific line - Ultra Color - has a very big range of colors (my only complain is that that they have the most wearable shades of pink, coral, nudes, reds, oranges etc but not some more special shades like shades of purple etc.) Other than that I love them and I totally recommend them! 

★: 5/5




2 comments:

Beautyandthefoodbeast said...

Ti omorfa!!!!to carnation kai to hot pink sou pane polu!!!!
filakiaaaaaaaa! :)

MutilatedSanity said...

Oh I have carnation! It's pretty! Have you tried the Avon matte lipsticks? I have my called pink cuddle and it's really wearable and pretty!!