Sunday, December 1, 2013

Balea: Mango + Aloe Vera Hair Moisturizer and Rest in Peace Paul Walker :(

Hello everyone, we finally are in December and I cannot believe how fast the fall passed and we are already in Christmas. I have been so busy this whole semester and right after New Year I will be having exams at the university so I will be so much in stress!

Anyway, I am guessing you are already in a Christmas-y mood and I will try to film a few classic makeup looks with greens, golds, glitter, red  lips etc. But first things first. This is  my review for Balea's - Mango + Aloe Vera - Hair Moisturizer.

Balea is a brand sold in the German franchise stores "dm". There are dm stores in a lot of countries in Europe, I know for sure there are in Romania and Bulgaria. They don't all have all the exclusive brands that are sold in Germany but they have some basics ones and I really like them because they are affordable, decent quality and they are different from the products they are sold in the normal stores.

That's the picture of it and that's me, obviously, posing silly. It comes in a 200ml bottle with a pump and everyone knows how I love bottles with pump because they are less messy and easier to use without spilling or wasting too much product.

Here are the ingredients:
I avoid using products that have silicones inside but it's hard to find sometimes. 

What the site says:
"Provides moisture, protection from blow-drying and makes the hair easier to comb. The Balea moisture hair milk Mango + Aloe Vera with anti-drying effect nourishes your hair and smooths the hair structure from the outside. Dry, damaged hair regains shine and the elasticity and makes the hair look healthier overall.
~ The special care formula with Mango Extract and Aloe Vera supplies your hair and scalp with moisture.
~ It protects while repairs the hair.
~ Dermatologically approved, skin compatibility
~ pH skin friendly.
Vegan Product."

Ok, so first of all, if you read my blog for sometime now you know that I don't believe in miracles with hair products. Once the hair is damaged you cannot undamage it. The hair is not made out of cells that regenerate so you can "heal" it so once the damage is done you simply cannot do anything about it to go away. However there are products that make damaged hair LOOK healthier and make it  more manageable (without saying that this is the best thing, if your hair is destroyed it's only negative to keep it because the damage just travels up and up and you get random hair breakage). 
Anyway, the reason I bought this is not because I believe it will repair my hair (because no product does) but because my hair is curly and curly hair tends to dry out especially at the ends and it's very sensitive when dry and eventually breaks off. So to keep moisture on my curls I have to use a leave in conditioner. Now this is not EXACTLY that but it does provide some moisture to the hair.

I don't really use heat so I am not sure how well it protects the hair but I am guessing since it leaves some sort of film on the hair it should protect it. It makes the hair softer but the main plus of this product is the smell. It smells HEAVENLY! That mango smell oh my gosh! It sort of reminds me of peach.

Overall I like this product and for its price (around 2.5 euro) it's great! 

Pros:
- Amazing smell
- Affordable
- Moisturizes the hair
- Practical packaging
- Vegan product.

Con:
- Has silicone derivatives.

- Are you satisfied with the product?
- Sure.

- Do you recommend it?
- Yes.

- Will you repurchase it?
- Probably.

PS: Yesterday on 30/11/2013 Paul Walker was in a car accident with a friend and he passed away :( I am terribly sorry to hear that. Rest in Peace Paul Walker :(

No comments: