Thursday, December 5, 2013

Faves and Fails of November 2013 and a rant about Sephora in Romania

Helloooooo!!! Boy, I haven't done a favorites of the month in quite a while! How y'all doin? :D Here are the products I liked, disliked or didn't care for, for the month of November.

FAVES:
Skin Care:
Biotherm: Biosource Exfoliating Gel Dry Skin
My friend Usi sent me a sample of this and I loved it from the first try! It has some very fine particles in it but they don't scratch your face whatsoever! It's so gentle and it lets my sensitive skin clean and fresh. I definitely love it! Thank you Usi!

Makeup
Foundation:
p2: Illuminating Touch makeup
Another product sent by my friend. In her previous gifts she had sent me a p2 foundation that it was quite nice but it was looking and feeling dry on my totally dried out, dehydrated skin and she was kind enough to send me the more "moisturizing" version and I L-O-V-E it! No, lies i don't love it, I ADORE IT! It applies super easy, has a perfect finish on the skin, looks totally natural and dewy, it doesn't suffocate my skin and it doesn't make dry patches on me. My shade is the number 025 "touch of nude" and when I first saw the bottle I was like "uh oh! this is too dark!" but actually, when applied it's lighter than what it seems in the bottle. 

Gel liner:
Inglot: gel liner, number 77.
By far the best (not only gel but generally) eyeliner I have ever tried. It's super black, it's easy to apply, it's creamy, it doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't smudge! Amazing staying power. Inglot has really amazing products.

Eyeshadow:
Maybelline: 24H Color Tattoo number 35 "on and on bronze"
Since I bought this I have been reaching for it very often. Needless to say that it's always my eyeshadow base when I wear gold or bronzed shadows but I can also use it alone with no powder shadow on it. I read on reviews on the internet that after many hours it creases but it didn't go anywhere to me. Maybe because I don't really have oily lids or something. Great product, would love to try other neutral shades of it.

Lipstick:
Maybelline Watershine Lipstick, number 120 "Fuchsia Diamonds"
This was one of the first lipsticks I have ever bought! From what I know it doesn't exist anymore. I was all about pink and sparkly lip colors when I started buying makeup and this was amazing! I reached for it a lot this month. The color is pretty much how it looks in the picture, it is a light sort of burgundy fuschia glossy/matte color with gold shimmers. Totally appropriate for winter evenings, especially now that Christmas is coming.

Highlighter/Bronzer:
Kryolan: Glamour Glow in the shade "Natural Tan"
I categorized this as a highlighter and a bronzer because it really depends on your skin tone how to use it. To me that I have fair (not pale) peachy tone it applies like a soft natural colored highlighter. But I think for paler skins it wouldn't fit as a highlighter because it has some color to it. Since I have naturally pink/peach cheeks though, on me looks like a natural glow. I LOVE IT! And thank you once again Usi for this :D 

Mascara:
p2 Spectacular Volume Mascara, number 010 "Spectacular Black"
One MORE item from my friend (I know, she spoils me ah <3 ). I enjoyed it so much! I have long but very thin and sparse lashes and this mascara while applying color to them, it distributes them into a "fan" shape making them look thicker. Loved it! :D I used it almost daily for the previous months.

Body Products:
Bath products:
Avon: Warm Vanilla and Fig Bubble Delight, Bubble bath
I have no words. Everyone knows that this specific line of Avon's bubble baths is awesome and it has great range of beautiful smells. I wasn't sure because of the fig but this smells like perfection. I loved it so much that I will repurchase it. 

Perfume:
Avon: Kate's World - Pretty Fabulous Purse Spray
I loved this perfume and it's almost done so I am on the search for a similar smelling perfume maybe with a better staying power than this one. Very affordable. Lovely smell: The luscious smell of apple mingled magnolia blossom and irresistible vanilla sugar. Need I say more? 

A general fail of the month:
Seventeen "Lipstick Special" Lipsticks:
Seventeen is a Greek drugstore company (drugstore in a way of speech because it's quite pricey). Now, don't get me wrong about this, I love seventeen as a company and their lipsticks (besides their price) are lovely but they have that SMELL of the old times ordinary lipstick, you know what I mean? like the dusty, powdery lipstick smell of the vintage lipsticks and it makes me sick to my stomach whenever I use them and that's too bad :( 


Another fail of the month and rant. 
Sephora stores in Romania.
I have a rant about this. I am sick and tired of the sephora stores in Romania. First of all, they don't have all the products sold in Sephora stores in the world, like Urban Decay, Nars etc. Second of all they don't provide samples at ANYTHING. How the hell are we supposed to buy something if we don't test it, especially at those prices. And this is my third subject of my rant. Why Sephora in Romania (and in Greece) is so much more expensive than other Sephoras in the world? I just checked a christmas set of skin care and while it retails for 28 pounds in UK it is being sold more than 40 here. This is truly disturbing. 

That's all for now my dears! I have almost done my makeup look (edited - in Greek) and I will make a post with pictures and the products used in the weekend hopefully :) I will be reviewing most of the products I mentioned in this post.

Take care of yourselves! Much love and kisses!
xo Heliana xo




1 comment:

Beautyandthefoodbeast said...

Δεν έχω δοκιμάσει κανένααααααααα!!!!ααχαχαχ!!!Θέλω όμως να δοκιμάσω το biotherm!!