Sunday, May 26, 2013

Faves and Fails of May 2013

Hello everyone! I am sorry I don't post so often these days but I am close to my exam session so you understand I am somewhere between panicking and not having time to breath.
I started from last month this kind of post to let you know which products (new or older) I used this month and I enjoyed them and which ones I used and I got disappointed.

Let's start with the favorites. 
1. Avon LUXE lipstick in "Nude Slip"
This lipstick is the perfect nude color and this comes from a person that doesn't really like nude lips! I fell in love with it! It's not brown or beige or anything that will make you look dead it's the most flattering nude lipstick I ever saw. Not to mention that it has a great creamy texture and it keeps the lips hydrated. LOVE IT!


2.Avon's City Rush perfume: 
I already own this a few months but I use it very often so I had to mention it. It smells so good! It's a bit "loud" in the beginning but then it fades leaving a very sweet and elegant smell that lasts really long!


3. Farmec's Ultrarezistent nail polish in nr. 31
Such a pretty color it has the most beautiful colors of glitter together! Pink, purple and turquoise! Love it! I will buy it again and again.


Products I am not yet sure how i feel about:
1. Bioderma's Sensibio AR Compact with spf30:
I used before bioderma products included sunscreens and I loved them but I am not entirely sure about this. I think it gives me an orangey tone so I have to wear on top powder etc but other than that it doesn't feel bad on the skin. I notice some breakouts while I used it but I don't think it's from the product. I have to keep using it (i don't have the chance to use it daily because the weather sucks, it's cloudy and rainy). But I will do a review when I have a complete opinion about it.

2. Avon Solutions Beautiful Hydration Day, Night and Eye Cream.
I had used the Solutions Perfect Balance before and it was lovely but since I get dry patches on my cheeks I wanted to try a different and more hydrating cream. On my cheeks the effect is beautiful, i don't feel my skin "stretching" and burning or anything so for my very dry areas is amazing but my T-zone and chin are more oily so that area gets a bit greasy after the cream. I am thinking of using 2 different creams one for my dry areas and one for the oily ones. I guess it's not a total favorite but it does a great job.



Fails:
1. Aussie 3 min miracle
As I said in the review I have about it (read here) I have no idea why this product is called "miracle" as it's not even good as a generic conditioner, it definitely doesn't feel better on the hair, heck it doesn't even help at detangling. The only good thing about it is that gorgeous bubblegum smell but that's it. This products gets a D minus!

That's all for now! Let me know if you tried any of these products or any other products that you enjoyed this month or you regret buying. :) I think one of these days I will do an "Empties" post because I liked that idea.

XO, Heliana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the "Nude Slip" - I generally avoid nude lips because being older they tend to make me look like a corpse. I usually need something in a cool tone (bluish undertone which makes your teeth look whiter) and mauves. I am also interested in the nail polish you mentioned. I love sparkly nail polish but find that most are too translucent so that the sparkle doesn't show. Also, two of my fav. Avon products are lip balms: Avon Care Care Deeply Lip Balm and Moisture Therapy. They are very cheap and much better than any kind of Chapstick or Burt's Bees products that I have ever tried. Very moisturizing and long lasting without attracting fuzzies to your lips, lol! - Ke Farmer :)

Iliana Kontolaimaki said...

Same for me, i avoid nude lips because a lot of shades make me look like a corpse or a sick person but this is a very pretty color, honestly <3. I have to try the lip balms! :)