Monday, September 8, 2014

Summer's Berzerk Shopping, Vol. 3 - Catrice (and possible high end dupes)

Hello to everyone! I hope you are doing well. Today I'll show you what I bought in the summer from Catrice cosmetics. I believe Catrice, even though is super affordable is an excellent brand with very good products. I honestly would have bought more stuff if there were more at the store but they are limited at the market in Greece so.... this is what I bought :P

ABSOLUTE NUDE and ABSOLUTE BRIGHT palettes:
As the name suggest, this is a palette of 6 "nude" aka neutral colors. It contains a frosty white with yellow undertone, a champagne, a sort of coppery light brown, a gold-ish beige/brown and two darker browns, one warm and one cool toned. This palette is much better pigmented than the bright one.I believe the price of these palettes are 5.5 or almost 6 euro.

Not sure why this palette is called "Bright" since you can't say that the colors are super bright. There is a frosty white, an almost white yellow, a light frosty champagne that looks white an almost white frosty baby pink, a gray frosty blue and a medium gray. Pigmentation is poorer in this palette. 

Overall, comparing fast the two palettes, the Nude is better as the colors are more pigmented and more blendable and much more wearable, whereas the Bright palette has a bunch of frosts that are not so ideal for daily use plus they swatch harder and they are slightly on the powdery side. Yet if you are fan of frosty colors then the "Bright" palette is definitely made for you.

ABSOLUTE EYE COLOUR:
I bought 4 colors, 3 of them are supposed to be dupes of high end eyeshadows (details lower). Price: 3.19 euro
640, Don't touch my Mosserati:
Medium to dark forest green with shimmer and very fine glitters. No fallout, very blendable, pigmented and vivid. It is claimed by other beauty bloggers/vloggers to be a dupe for MAC's "Humid" eyeshadow.
420, Talk like an Egyptian:
It is simply a gold shimmery color with bigger particles of glitter than the previous, blends easily, it's only a teeny tiny bit less pigmented. Said to be a dupe for Kat Von D's "Galore".
750, New in Brown:
Light champagne/brown color, pigmented and blends nicely. Can be a pretty everyday lid color. 
400, My first Copperware Party:
Nice medium brown with a copper touch, super creamy, blends like a dream, lovely and amazing color! Said to be a very close color to MAC's "Satin Taupe" and Urban Decay's "Toasted".

BB ALLROUND FOUNDATION and Camouflage Cream Concealer:
I am a big fan of the youtuber "Letzmakeup". I generally don't buy products that famous youtubers or bloggers suggest because (I may sound mean but) you don't always know if they really use and like a product or they promote it. One person that I believe is honest on her reviews is Siobhan McDonnell also known on youtube as "Letzmakeup". On one of her videos, she presented this bb cream as one of the products she really likes. Since I'm not a person that wants huge coverage and I am bored to make layers of sunscreen, foundation etc in the morning I gave this a try. I got 2 different colors. 020-Rosy beige and 030-Nude Beige.
I also bough the "Camouflage Cream" which is a very thick concealer in number 010-Ivory. (Reviews in future post).


That's all for now my friends. I still have a few more stuff from my summer purchases, I haven't decided if I will do one more brand haul separately since I didn't get a lot of stuff from other companies but we shall see.
Always take care and I'll talk to ya at my next post. 

Much love,
xo Heliana xo 





No comments: