Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Summer's Berzerk Shopping, Vol. 1 - MAC Haul

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo hellooooo! REALLY long time and no see! I apologize for my absence but I can't even begin to explain how busy I was the post months! I was so busy that I wasn't gonna make it to visit my parents this summer but in the end I just almost literally shoved myself in a plane and made it to Athens :P. Of course I went a little (not really little) makeup shopping- I always like to buy makeup in Athens because I find some brands that there are not at all in Romania. I'm not sure how many volumes this thread will have (last year there were three, if you want, check them out: volume 1volume 2volume 3 ). This year i didn't make it to go to inglot (awwww :( :P ).

Anyway, without further ado this is what I got from M.A.C.

1. MAC's Fluidline in "BlackTrack"
I'll start with the simplest thing that doesn't need display or swatch. I got the classic fluidline eyeliner in "blacktrack" since I gave my old one for "Back to Mac" and my Inglot one seems to be dried out.

2. MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle"
One of my favorite highlighters (next to Mary Loo from the Balm) that broke on me three years ago so since I gave that to "Back to Mac" too and also there was a sale (25% off ) I bought it.

3. Lipsticks: "Relentlessly Red" and "Heroine"
"Relentlessly Red" is a pink based red that paradoxically looks coral on my lips and has a "Retro Matte" finish. I'm not sure what's the difference between the "Matte" and the "Retro Matte" finishes but apparently the "Retro Matte" is a newer formula. I did notice that to get a better color payoff for "Retro Matte" you have to press firmer so maybe it's a slightly drier formula....

"Heroine" was on my mind for soooooo long. When I first started to get into makeup I passed from all the lipstick color phases: bubblegum pink, bright pink, coral, red, nude.... now it's my bright purple phase :P. I did have "Violetta" already which is super similar to "Heroine" (future comparison post) but I wanted Heroine too and since there was the sale I just put it in my pocket ;)

4. Eyeshadow: "Star Violet":

If you know me, you probably know that I don't die after MAC's eyeshadows but the "Back to Mac" program has changed and you get an eyeshadow now (and not a lipstick)! (I hadn't been to Mac for so long that I wasn't aware - I was planning to get Heroine for free but oh well!)
Since I don't believe in the pigmentation of Mac eyeshadows I tried to get one with decent payoff and a color that I don't really have similar shades to so I was between "Cranberry" and "Star Violet". I honestly should have picked "Cranberry" but the lights in the stores ALWAYS pull me off the colors but anyway I'm still ok with my choice. 
"Star Violet" has a "Veluxe Pearl" finish which in my opinion is one of the most decent ones and it's a color between a coper-y auburn and a pinkish brown which will make it cool for using it in the winter. :)

To be honest I wasn't planning on buying anything from MAC, I was just visiting to give my "Back to Mac" items but since there was a sale.... ehehe you know, "when in Rome" :P

That's all for now my dears. The next hauls will be posted soon and I will be back with more posts/reviews etc.

Take care! Love ya!
xo Heliana xo



No comments: