Tuesday, April 8, 2014

CANDY by Prada, Review

If you follow my blog for quite some time, you probably know that I love sweet perfumes. So a perfume with the name "Candy" was certainly appropriate to get my attention.

The claim:
"Prada CANDY is instantly seductive - pure pleasure wrapped in impulsive charm. In an explosion of shocking pink and gold, Prada CANDY takes on a walk on the wild side, showing us the new face of Prada femininity where more is more and excess is everything. Magnified by white musks, noble benzoin comes together with a modern caramel accord to give the fragrance a truly unique signature."

Notes: Caramel, Musk, Vanilla, Benzoin


My point of view:
The perfume smells DEFINITELY and totally super extra sweet and the claim is totally right about the "excess" side. This is NOT a perfume for people that don't like sweet smells, just get away from it. You can definitely feel the vanilla and the musk which - at least to my nose - come as the 2 predominant notes of the perfume. The caramel is there but is more of a background note.


My conclusions:
The perfume on its own is excellent. Everything that a sweet smell lover wants. It's a perfume that you can easily wear day or night, winter or summer. But, there comes a bit BUT...
It comes to my disappointment along with quite a lot of the more "recent" coming out perfumes to the "unique" part. After smelling, trying, buying a few of the newer perfumes along with the CANDY, I came to the conclusion that most of the vanilla family ones are sort of a copy of Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb.
So, the fact that this perfume as a smell is great but is not something unique, along with the fact that it is NOT a cheap perfume, makes me wonder if it's really worth splurging on....
My answer? Well it depends. If you are a jump the wagon, trend lover, who likes to always own what is new, then go for it. If you are a person that doesn't really care for trends and that is searching for something unique then you probably own another perfume close to this and in my humble opinion I will always fall for the Flowerbomb than another, newer copy of it whether it's more expensive or more affordable. That of course doesn't make CANDY any less of a gorgeous perfume. I enjoy every drop of it. It's like a walk to a candystore and it has an excellent staying power.


A+++

2 comments:

Usi said...

I don't understand the lollipop pictures. It is a solid perfume?

Iliana Kontolaimaki said...

No no it's liquid. The lollipops were to resemble that they smell like candies :-) I wouldn't suggest it to you, it's sweet and you would have it hihi