Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Benefit's The BRONZE of the CHAMPIONS

Hello and welcome once again to my blog! Today I want to show you a Benefit cosmetics set that I bought a few months ago (around the beginning of January).


It's called "The BRONZE of CHAMPIONS" and you can already understand from the name that it contains bronze colored itemes. The set is closed in a small carton box that has a pinup lady and the title of the set while the back of the box shows what items the set contains.

Inside there is the main container of the set that like most of the Benefit sets looks like a book.
The front of this "book" container is similar to the front of the carton box, while the side and the back are decorated like the set is something edible with "nutrition values", silly and cute.

Inside, there is a guide on how to use the products, attached on the container as well as a mirror.

And now let's see the products. Shall we?


1. Crease-less Cream Eyeshadow in "Bikini-Tini"
It's very creamy, pretty champagne shimmery color (swatch will be posted lower). It can be used alone or topped with a powder shadow. Doesn't crease, blends nicely, definitely a hit!


2. Hoola - Bronzing powder.
Who doesn't know about Hoola? One of the best bronzers out there fore light to medium skin tones. Soft, blends lovely. Obviously a hit.


3. Watt's Up - Soft focus highlighter for face
Great product, neutral color, leaves a nice glow. 


4. They're Real! Mascara
Great mascara, gives really good volume. There are definitely lots and lots of more affordable mascaras that do an amazing job but this one is definitely one of the best.


5. Hoola Ultra Plush - shimmering golden nude lip gloss
Lovely lip gloss, shiny, smells nicely without being too much.


6.  Longwear powder eyeshadow - "Thanks a latte", golden brown.
Very nice versatile color, can be used on the whole lid or the corner to darken up the look or even on the crease or smoked out on the lower lash-line. 


Here are the swatches, upper one without flash in natural sunlight and the lower one taken with flash.

Overall, this set is great if you wanna try a bunch of benefit products since they are pretty expensive. The downside is that in some countries Benefit products (full size and sets like this) are sold even more expensive than in other countries but hey, it's high end, that's life.
I am pretty pleased with all of the items, they are great and high quality if I could afford I would definitely get most of these items in full size, possibly except the lip gloss since I am not a lip gloss girl that much, I prefer lipsticks, but to get to the point what's there not to like? The cream eyeshadow is a dream, it really doesn't crease, I would definitely love to try more colors of it. The hoola bronzer is known to everyone i don't even have to speak for it. The eyeshadow is really beautiful and long lasting, I would love to try more colors. The Watt's up is amazing, rich without being too disco ball, would definitely like to try it again. The lip gloss is lovely too, I actually have 2 of them (as well as the bronzer) from the other set that I got as a gift from my friend this Christmas. I love it, as I said I don't use lip gloss that often mostly because my teeth have an outwards direction from my mouth and since lip gloss is not as steady as lipstick I end up with lip gloss on my teeth so I avoid it but this is a color that I reach for quite a lot, it's quite steady for a lip gloss and it doesn't get just all over the place so I am glad I have 2 since I am using them up.

To wrap this presentation/tiny review. I do recommend this set if you wanna try out some stuff or even better if you can afford get the full sized items, they are definitely worth it, I really cannot pick a favorite item out of all of them because they were ALL GREAT!

A+++

Ps. The pictures with my blog's link are from my portfolio while the rest are print-screens from www.benefitcosmetics.com

Take care!
xo Heliana xo






No comments: