Saturday, February 1, 2014

P2 ILLUMINATING TOUCH - Makeup - Review

Hello people! I know I said I'd probably wouldn't post till my exams are over but since I am sick and tired of studying I took the chance to make a break to post a review.

P2, as I said in previous posts is a German company that sells their products only at the DM stores but unfortunately only the DM stores of Germany. They have a great variety of every makeup product, eyeshadows, foundations, lipsticks, powders, you name it, they have it. And they are great quality too and really affordable. This foundation was sent to me from my friend from Germany :)


What the site says:
"The illuminating touch makeup perfects the complexion and evens it out - without a mask effect. Soft pigments ensure a radiant complexion. The moisture retaining elements define the velvety-light makeup".

Basically, this is their moisturizing foundation. I have to say, my basic problems when it comes to foundation is that they make my face look flaky with dry patches and after a few hours my skin feels even more burning and pulling than it already does due to its dehydration and the freezing weather.

This foundation is really great. It has a light to medium coverage but you can build it up to a medium to heavy coverage. It doesn't give the mask effect like it says and it does give a radiant look. It doesn't annoy my skin and it doesn't really show any flaky spots only MAYBE if I really haven't drunk any water and the weather is really terrible it might show a crack on my cheeks but not even noticeable. It doesn't pull my skin or make it feel any worse even after hours of the application. The lasting power is okay, I am satisfy with it considering that I don't set my makeup with a powder. 

I should mention that it comes in a 30ml (like most of the foundations) glass bottle with a pump so it feels quite luxurious as a packaging too. It's also vegan and it has no perfume. The color that I have is "25 - Touch of Nude" which is basically a completely neutral beige color and that is amazing because it's not always easy to find a foundation that is not too yellow/orange or too pink. I have a neutral undertone so I can pretty much pull off both warm and cool toned colors but I really prefer a neutral foundation because it looks more natural on skins with neutral undertone. 

So the PROS:
- Has a pump (heck YES)
- Pretty packaging
- Affordable
- Super dry/sensitive skin friendly

Cons:
- Doesn't have a huge range of shades
- It doesn't photograph well if you don't powder on top. - will show in pics...

The one complain I have from this foundation is that it gives a white cast on pictures with a flash. 

Without flash:
You can definitely see how beautiful this foundation is. It evens out the skin like it claims.

With flash:
You can easily see that at the spots were the foundation is not topped of with any powder product (bronzer/blush/highlighter - since I don't use face powder) (front part of cheeks, nose and chin) it does give a white cast when you are using a flash which makes it not useful when you want to go somewhere where you know there's gonna be a lot of pictures taken, like a wedding or somewhere formal which is a downside to have an "everyday" and a "special occasion" foundation. Other than that I really love it.


The final verdict: A (I'd give it an A+++ if it wasn't for the photographing con :/)

That's all for now. Take care of yourselves!!!! 

XO Heliana XO




2 comments:

Usi said...

I gives your skin a nice glow. You look younger and more awake :).

Besides...it is an Austrian company. The cosmetic line of Palmers :P.

Iliana Kontolaimaki said...

Oh, my bad! I thought it was a German company :-P it really is a great foundation!