Sunday, November 17, 2013

P2's "Spectacular Volume Mascara" Review.

Helloooo! If you guys remember, in around September my friend from Germany sent me a parcel full of incredible stuff!!!!

As I had said I will in time review a few of them, so this post is a review on the "Spectacular Volume Mascara" from P2 company.
P2 cosmetics is a company, unfortunately for us, only available in the DM stores of Germany. And I say unfortunately because they have very affordable makeup products that have very good quality so you can imagine this is not gonna be a negative review. :) Keep in mind I've been using it for more than a month so I have a good point of view about it.

photosource: www.dm.de
It comes in a black tube and it has an extraordinary wand! As you can see in the picture above it has a zig zag wand. 
The site says: 
"With the spectacular volume mascara intense color output is achieved without sticking. The special S-shaped elastic wand captures every little eyelash and creates voluminous, finely fanned lashes."
So let's take everything this sentence says and analyze it, shall we? 
Intense color output: I can agree, it makes my lashes quite black but not so intense that they would look fake, it actually makes them look naturally fanned.
Without sticking: I can agree on that too, it doesn't make my eyelashes stick.
Captures every little eyelash: Even though at first the wand was totally weird to me after a few uses I figured out how to use it and I can say that it is a bit hard but it does grab well the lashes.
Creates voluminous, finely fanned lashes: This mascara doesn't create voluminous lashes by building up product on them to make them look like spiderlashes, instead, and I am guessing this is due to the zig-zag wand, it applies the product while separates the lashes and as it says it makes the lashes fanned. So to make it clear, my eyelashes are still thin but they are distributed better so my total lash line looks better and fuller, if that makes sense. 

To make a long story short, this mascara really does a great job, it definitely didn't give me any problems or irritations but I do have a small complain from it. After 2 weeks of use (even tightly closed) the formula starts getting drier and when applied, after a short period of time I get black fallout (dried out mascara falling from my lashes) at the bottom of my eyes which makes me look very messy. I don't know if mine was opened before at the store so the formula had started drying from before or that's how the mascara is but it's sort of a minus to have a nice makeup and then get all black under your eyes. So that makes me a bit sad because my lashes really looked nice with it.

- Are you satisfied with the product?
- Overall, yes.

- Do you suggest it to others?
- Yes but I will point out the part with the fallout.

- Will you purchase it (again)?
- I am not sure, there are really tons of mascaras out there to try first. 

- How much do you rate it from 0 to 5?
- Almost - not entirely- a 4/5.

No comments: