Thursday, August 8, 2013

Faves and Fails of June and July 2013

I know it's super late for this but we are on vacation so you understand! Since I didn't have the chance to post my favorite products for June I'm gonna make one post for both months (anyway in June i didn't have a whole lot of  products to post about).

Let's start with the products that impressed me first, shall we?

1. Yves Rocher - Organic Vanilla Eau De Toilette. 
Best vanilla perfume EVER! I have a review on it which you can read by clicking here. I love vanilla scent and this perfume is appropriate for any time or any season. I just love it!

2. Avon Naturals: Lily and Gardenia set
This set doesn't have something extraordinary than any other spray/shower gel/ body cream set as a texture or anything but it smells like heaven!!!! Definitely a favorite at the moment!

3. Catrice - Multicolour Blush in 060 Strawberry Frapuccino
This is a gift by my friend Usi, she had sent me not long ago a package with goodies from Catrice along with a gorgeous pouch bag that I love so much. This is a perfect blush because it looks so natural but it also gives a very nice color on the cheeks. LOVE IT.

4. Bioderma - Sensibio Ar with SPF 30
I am a fan of tainted sunscreens this however is something between a foundation and a sunscreen so it's absolutely perfect now in the summer. At first I wasn't sure about it to be honest because it only has like 2 shades and the lightest was sort of yellowish on me but it turns out now that I tanned it matches me very well. The best way to apply it in my opinion is with a wet (not dripping) flat foundation brush. Now in the summer I don't even set it with powder and it has a decent staying power considering that in Greece the temperature is dangerously high and we sweat all day. 


To move on with the products that I didn't enjoy....

1. Essence - Stay Natural Concealer 
I like Essence products a lot, but this is not a good one. I was excited to try it but it's simply rubbish. Besides the fact that you have to turn the end a lot of times to take product out, it lets out a big quantity so you waste product. Second and most important issue is that it's so thick that you can't blend it properly and the finish is not "stay natural" at all. Disappointing...


2. Avon - Nail Experts. gel strength base coat
I didn't expect anything to be honest from this product and I was right not to. My nails are usually long even thought they are thin and I can keep them long without breaking them. But lately, I think due to stress they were chipping off so I thought this might help. Good thing I didn't have my expectations high...


3. China Glaze Nail Polishes in general.

I know people will hate me for saying this (hahaha) but China Glaze has GORGEOUS nail colors but the quality is RUBBISH!!! I have at least 8 colors and they all do the same thing, the same day after I apply it, it goes away from the edges. Disappointing, considering that it's an expensive brand.

That's all for now. I'm preparing a small Inglot haul for the future so stay tuned! 

Take care!
Heliana

No comments: