Saturday, February 21, 2015

Rimmel London - Match Perfection Foundation - First Impression

Hello good people! How are you? I apologize for the lack of my posts but I had a long and very stressful exam session that affected my health so I wasn't feeling like writing even though I had a lot of topics on mind but here I am with a first impression on Rimmel's foundation "Match Perfection - Light Reflecting Radiance Foundation".

I am on the hunt for a new foundation since my beloved p2 Illuminating Touch Makeup and my Catrice BB allround foundations seem to started going "odd" (noticed a smell) I thought better off getting something else. Hunting for a foundation for a sensitive, dry, dehydrated, flaky with redness skin can be safely characterized as a pain in the butt. But I happened to read and see a lot of good reviews about Rimmel London's "Match Perfection" foundation and since it was pretty cheap I thought "let's be spontaneous and try it" (I normally research for like 2 months before I decide to buy a product).

Please keep in mind that this is NOT a complete review and only a "First Impressions" post so these are my thoughts on the foundation from trying it only a handful of times.


Comes in a glass bottle with a blue plastic cap and one positive thing I have to mention right away is that it has a pump! Its normal price in Romania from the store that I got it from is around 8.6 euros but I got it at the price of 6.4. The quantity is the standard 30ml for foundations and it has an spf of 18. Its texture is very liquidy and runny which is ok since you can be reckless on the application without resulting to a cakey face.

What it claims:
Traceless coverage foundation with Advanced Smart-Tone (that is ironic, you'll see why) tehnology for perfectly flawless skin under any light. Enhanced with Sapphire Radiance for an illuminating glow. Lasts all day.

The shade I got was "100 Ivory" and when I applied it to my face it was matching me perfectly until 10 minutes later that it went ORANGE! I first thought that I might have smeared blush or something all over my face so I decided to apply also to my neck (that at the beginning it wasn't necessary since as I said the shade was matching me pretty well). Needless to say after a few minutes the area of my neck covered with the foundation had also taken the orange teint as my face. I cannot believe it oxidized SO BADLY but maybe sometimes you just get what you pay for (I was hesitating on splurging on the Estee Lauder Double Wear but I think I HAVE to invest in a good foundation, my face deserves it, since I am getting closer to 30 I have to be more gentle to my skin).

Aside from the oxidizing part, it really does give a very nice coverage, as I said you don't look cakey whatsoever, it didn't cling on my dry patches like a lot of foundations do (like the Rimmel Wake me up for example) you could still see some of my red spots but they were very well covered and almost not visible. It gives indeed a lovely radiance, gives to the skin a flawless appearance and it doesn't feel dry. So it has a lot of advantages BUT oxidizing is a pretty big disadvantage that you can't really work with (I already picked the lightest shade that is available in this country and ordering from another country the even lighter one just with the hope that after oxidizing it would match it it's not really worth it to me).

Here are some pics from it:
I've pointed out (not professionally at all, lol) the areas on my neck free of foundation, in the pictures it doesn't look like that much of a difference but in reality the difference is quite noticeable (meaning that I would definitelty have to cover my neck too if I don't wanna look like a wear a mask if I continue using this).

My verdict:
This foundation does give a lovely coverage and it seems like is ok for dry skins but that "Smart-Tone" tehnology isn't so smart after all. I will try to work with it so maybe in the future I will write a complete review on it but only probably in the summer that I will be a bit pinker/more red from the sun myself otherwise this might end up to a friend that matches the oxidized shade of it. Too bad Rimmel!




No comments: