Sunday, January 18, 2015

Balea Shaving Gel "Summertime" (Mango Smell) Review.

Hello! Happy new year! I hope you are doing great! Today I'm going to talk to you about a Shaving Gel from Balea company (company that is sold in DM stores).

Now I usually use my boyfriend's shaving gel because... well it works well, it doesn't irritate and it's always in hand in the house but I was passing by a DM store like 2 weeks ago and I am always tempted to enter them so I did.
They had some shaving gels on sale and I wanted to be all fancy like and have my own "girly" shaving gel so I picked up the Mango smelling one.

Comes in a classic shaving gel's tube of 150ml and the gel itself is blue turning into a white foam when you apply it on the skin, ordinary stuff.

What the product promises:
"The soothing feeling smoother and softer skin, rounded by the fresh and fruity mango scent that delights the senses. The rich moisturizer moisturizing formula pampers the skin during shaving."

What I think:
The positive thing I've to say about this gel is that....it smells nice. Unfortunately that is the ONLY positive thing about it. 
It doesn't make the skin at all smoother, it doesn't feel moisturizing and it doesn't pamper you during shaving. On the contrary, the skin feels quite aweful and dry while shaving, it doesn't "prepare" the skin or the hairs for shaving like other gels do and the shaving becomes hard like you shave your legs dry basically. It actually makes the skin so dry and rough that I even managed to cut myself in a lot of spots with a protective razor (mach 3) and I have NEVER managed to cut myself with this razor before. After the shave obviously, the skin feels super irritated, red, itchy and painful. I even tried applying a ridiculously big amount of it with the hope that it will be better but it made no difference whatsoever.
Basically I don't even think I will finish up this product since it was so terrible for me, I might give it to someone but I'm sceptical I wouldn't want anyone to end up with irritated and cut skin, Bad job Balea.

This is probably one of the worst products I've tried in a long time, that will teach me to stick to my boyfriends trusted shaving gel! Cheers :)

My grade for it:

No comments: