Thursday, October 2, 2014

Benefit "They're Real!" Mascara Review (and video in Greek).

Hello to all! I hope you are doing well! I'm trying to keep up with my posts and even videos. I have to manage to think of something to upload vids both in Greek and in English but I still haven't figure out my plan. We'll see.

So, as the title says, today I will tell you my opinion about Benefit's mascara "They're Real!". From a quick online research I found out that on Benefit's site it's sold for 23 dollars, around 22 euro at Sephora in Greece and around the same in Sephora in Romania (I will get back to you about the last one). The normal tube has 8.5 grams of product, I believe. Mine is a deluxe sample that has around 3 grams of product and was inside "The Bronze of Champions" that I showed you here.



The wand is plastic as well as the bristles (which is not my favorite kind) with a sort of constant size (slightly decreasing towards the end) ending in a "spherical" shape. All over the applicator the bristles alternate to short and long ones.


The formula of the mascara is dry which I prefer to the wet formulas. It's pretty easy to apply  but not very easy to apply multiple coats because it makes the lashes too stiff. It does give a pretty curve on the lashes and some volume but nothing too extreme. It also separates the lashes in a nice way but only for the first coat, after that it starts clumping up.


Pros:
Easy application
Nice formula
Gives separation
Gives a nice curve to the lashes

Cons: 
Not to easy to apply multiple coats
Can clump up
Relatively Pricey

- Overall, do you like this product?
- Kind of.

- Do you recommend it?
- Maybe.

- Would you (re)purchase it?
- Probably not. I believe there are better mascaras for a smaller price out there but I will enjoy it if it comes in other sets that I might buy in the future,

My rate:


For my Greek readers, here is the video/review/demo:



Have YOU tried this mascara? What's your opinion? Let me know:)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

N-am incercat pana acum acest produs dar pare ok. Din ce zici tu, pare potrivit pentru un machiaj potolit, de zi, daca arata mai bine aplicat intr-un strat decat in doua.

Iliana Kontolaimaki said...

Mie, sincer, nu mi-a placut. Formula mi se pare foarte "uscata" si dupa primul strat genele devin "rigide" si daca pun inca un strat se lipesc si arata cam aiurea. Oare poate ca al meu era stricat de la inceput? In orice caz rimelurile de la Maybelline sunt superbe si costa numai 20-25 de lei si poti gasi unu exact pentru ce cauti tu. Eu am incercat vreo 4 diferite rimeluri de la Maybelline si nu am fost dezamagita.