Friday, October 31, 2014

Maybelline's "The Rocket" Volume Express Mascara REreview!

Hello my dears! So you probably remember that I have already done a review for this mascara about 3 months ago? And the truth is I might have been a bit too cruel to my old review. I don't remember for how long I had been using it back then before I made that review but obviously now I have been using it for a much longer period of time and my opinion has changed totally for this mascara.

First of all, what contributed a lot to my first negative review was the fact that it has a plastic wand which is very susceptible to accidents "poke your freaking eyeball, don't laugh it happens" so I was scared to use it too close to the lash line. Once I started being more careful I was able to apply it better without any problems and that helped me see better results as to what this mascara can do for the lashes.

So here are my eyeballs with lots of makeup and the mascara applied on:
Now, as usual, I can't say whether a mascara gives length or not to the lashes because my lashes are very long but I CAN say whether it gives volume or not because I  have sparse lashes and they are also blonde so they are barely visible if i don't wear mascara. Forgetting for a second the lower part of my lashes because of the eyeliner (it might make it hard to see the results) but even at the length of the lashes you can definitely see that it actually gives amazing volume and great separation! The more I got to use this mascara, the more it grew on me and I can actually say that from disliking it, I now LOVE it! 

That plastic wand that I first was frustrated with actually grabs my lashes so nicely, even those smallies which is so weird because some of the bristles are so short that they are almost not visible but they do work really well!

It still is relatively hard to remove but I'm trying to be more patient when taking my makeup off, letting the cotton pad on my lid so that the remover will soak my lashes so I won't have to rub the crap out of them and rip them off. 

I've also notice like every single Maybelline mascara, that their formula changes in time and that also gives greater results. For some reason when I first got this mascara it was hard to work with but after a while it was possible to play more with it and being able to apply more coats. Btw on the photo I have 2 coats on and not generously put since my mascara is at its end.

Having used this mascara almost until its last drop I now have a more complete opinion about it and I have to say that I was wrong at my first review. I will let my first review up for a little while if you are interested to see it but in the future I will take it down since it doesn't do justice to the product. This mascara is now one of my top 5, believe it or not! I will definitely repurchase it.

I hope you found my review helpful, I promise to you and to myself to give more time to new products before I review them so I will see their full potential (I usually review them after a long time anyway but it seems like I needed more time on this particular product).

Anyways, as always, take care and I'll talk to you later gators! ;)

xo Heliana xo

1 comment:

Despina Psarianou said...

Φαίνεται καλή μάσκαρα,ίσως την αγοράσω μελλοντικά!
Επίσης θα χαρώ να γίνεις και εσύ μέλος στο νέο μου blog :)
Φιλιά!!!
http://lipstickandlacelov.blogspot.gr/